Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Recalls All of the Challenger Hellcats for Potential Fuel Leaks

Challenger Hellcat News

Staff Team
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States

FCA recalls 2,211 Hellcats after fuel leak discovered.

Fiat Chrysler is recalling its brand-new, top-end 2015 Dodge Charger and Challenger SRT Hellcats after a U.S. dealer discovered a fuel leak on a car being delivered from the factory. The recall affects 2,211 vehicles.

The automaker said the dealer alerted the company after discovering a fuel leak following a pre-delivery vehicle inspection. Engineers later discovered that hose seals located near the fuel rail, which had passed a supplier?s leak-testing, may have been improperly installed, the company said.

The vehicles, which went on sale late last year, are equipped with FCA's 6.2-liter V-8 Hellcat engine, which produces 707 hp. The company said there are 2,012 such Hellcats in the United States, 148 in Canada, 30 in Mexico and another 21 that have been shipped outside North America.

The company said customers with concerns about their Hellcats may call its customer information center at 800-853-1403. The company said it received no consumer complaints on the possible leak and knows of no related accidents or injuries. Customers will be notified by mail when they may schedule service, FCA said.

Member ID
Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
I'm glad mine is still on order.

LonestarHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States

RonHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I didn't realize Dodge already moved 2,012 Hellcats. That's pretty impressive.