Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

P219A STAND ALONE CODE.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Brighton
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT 392 DURANGO
Today my 21 Durango 392 set a P219A code. It seems to be running fine, but I have been reading horror stories about lifters and cams. Dealer can't get it in for 4 weeks! WTF? anyone have experience with this code? I am going to keep driving it, dealer did not tell me not to. I still have full warrantee so it will be their problem. This thing only has 15k on it. Chrysler service is absolutely terrible! We have been going rounds for over a year now on a jeep, and they will basically do nothing for us. Terrified of what I am going to have to go through for this! And FFS 4 WEEKS just to look at it!!!!

Last edited:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Today my 21 Durango 392 set a P219A code. It seems to be running fine, but I have been reading horror stories about lifters and cams. Dealer can't get it in for 4 weeks! WTF? anyone have experience with this code? I am going to keep driving it, dealer did not tell me not to. I still have full warrantee so it will be their problem. This thing only has 15k on it. Chrysler service is absolutely terrible! We have been going rounds for over a year now on a jeep, and they will basically do nothing for us. Terrified of what I am going to have to go through for this! And FFS 4 WEEKS just to look at it!!!!
Sounds like you have a crappy dealership.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
could be as simple as bad fuel. If it is running fine try a different station on next fill up and erase code

OP
JDM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brighton
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT 392 DURANGO
Thread Starter #4
indeed I do have a terrible dealership. I'm going to call some others tomorrow. I am wondering if it fuel related as well. thinking about running some Techron through it. No funny sounds at all... yet.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
Hi,
We understand your frustration. But please visit the following link to view different dealerships in your area
https://www.dodge.com/find-dealer.html
We hope you are able to find an appointment on an earlier date. Please send us a private message if you need more assistance once you are at the dealership.
Sylvia
Dodge Cares