Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Nasty John Force Explosion/Crash

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Where are they this weekend?? In Norwalk Ohio next weekend

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Was there Saturday at Virginia Motorsports Park watching qualifying.....hot does not accurately describe the conditions.....track was 147 degrees at highest I saw

Hoping to hear good news shortly on John's condition.

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
So did he win or lose for crossing

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
track surface was hot, but a shame. Wouldn’t have crashed if he didn’t blow up

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Damn

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
When I was in Eping for New England Nationals he said he was starting the process of stepping down in an interview. Being 75 years old and this recent crash it may speed up the process. Hope he is alright.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Watching the race now. Thanks. Nasty crash!!!!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
When I was in Eping for New England Nationals he said he was starting the process of stepping down in an interview. Being 75 years old and this recent crash it may speed up the process. Hope he is alright.
That man has been pushing the envelope for what seems like forever...(and been lucky)...kinda hope he hangs it up...got nothin to prove...

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Blowing up and catching fire is what made him famous though. You almost wonder if some of them weren’t staged in the early days to be honest. Don’t get me wrong, legend and heck of a driver

OP
jroyk

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Thread Starter #12
Sounds like he might be okay.
"Force was alert and was examined onsite by the NHRA Medical Team before being transported to a local medical facility for further evaluation."

GNBRETT

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Stang, Golf R
I think he crossed...... lol

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
1719345423864.png
Drag racing legend and 16-time NHRA Funny Car champion John Force remained in the intensive care unit at a Virginia trauma hospital Monday, while doctors deliberately take a slow approach to assessing the extent of his injuries from Sunday’s high-speed racing accident, according to a statement the team released late Monday.

The engine in Force’s Chevrolet Camaro Funny Car detonated in a massive fireball after Force crossed the finish line at 302.62 mph during the opening round of the NHRA Virginia Nationals at Virginia Motorsports Park. The violent explosion propelled him into the concrete guard wall in the opposite lane and got airborne as it crossed the track again and slammed into the other wall.

NHRA Safety Safari workers extracted Force from the car, stabilized him, and helped him onto a gurney and into an ambulance, then on to a medical helicopter that transported him to the hospital.

The statement from the John Force Racing organization said, “Attending doctors purposely were moving slowly in assessing the extent of the injuries to the Hall of Fame owner and driver because of the intensity of the impact. Medical staff will not provide a treatment and recovery timetable until a total evaluation is completed.

“Force’s daughter Brittany, a two-time champion, was joined at the hospital by her mother, Laurie, and sisters Adria, Ashley, and Courtney. The family will maintain a presence while the team competes this weekend in Norwalk, Ohio.

“Updates on the 157-time event winner’s condition will be released at the discretion of the medical staff.”

Brittany Force in her Top Fuel dragster and Virginia Funny Car winner Austn Prock will race this weekend at the Summit Racing Equipment Nationals at Norwalk. The team has not announced whether a substitute driver will carry on in a back-up Funny Car.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
View attachment 141456
Drag racing legend and 16-time NHRA Funny Car champion John Force remained in the intensive care unit at a Virginia trauma hospital Monday, while doctors deliberately take a slow approach to assessing the extent of his injuries from Sunday’s high-speed racing accident, according to a statement the team released late Monday.

The engine in Force’s Chevrolet Camaro Funny Car detonated in a massive fireball after Force crossed the finish line at 302.62 mph during the opening round of the NHRA Virginia Nationals at Virginia Motorsports Park. The violent explosion propelled him into the concrete guard wall in the opposite lane and got airborne as it crossed the track again and slammed into the other wall.

NHRA Safety Safari workers extracted Force from the car, stabilized him, and helped him onto a gurney and into an ambulance, then on to a medical helicopter that transported him to the hospital.

The statement from the John Force Racing organization said, “Attending doctors purposely were moving slowly in assessing the extent of the injuries to the Hall of Fame owner and driver because of the intensity of the impact. Medical staff will not provide a treatment and recovery timetable until a total evaluation is completed.

“Force’s daughter Brittany, a two-time champion, was joined at the hospital by her mother, Laurie, and sisters Adria, Ashley, and Courtney. The family will maintain a presence while the team competes this weekend in Norwalk, Ohio.

“Updates on the 157-time event winner’s condition will be released at the discretion of the medical staff.”

Brittany Force in her Top Fuel dragster and Virginia Funny Car winner Austn Prock will race this weekend at the Summit Racing Equipment Nationals at Norwalk. The team has not announced whether a substitute driver will carry on in a back-up Funny Car.
Hell...he's 75...with a crash as violent as that...even someone in their 20's would have a tough time making a full recovery...my guess his racing days are over...he gave the drag racing world something special...and will still be active in the sport...just not driving...my .02

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Hell...he's 75...with a crash as violent as that...even someone in their 20's would have a tough time making a full recovery...my guess his racing days are over...he gave the drag racing world something special...and will still be active in the sport...just not driving...my .02
I beleive all your statements are very true, let's pray they happen. He needs a Miracle!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Met him once at INDY at the summer Nationals, love John Force!!! Wish I knew where that picture was...

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I hope he’s ok and is able to recover ☹️

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I hope he’s ok and is able to recover ☹️
I don't think he will ever be the same John Force....I'm surprised he survived the ordeal @ all...hittin a brick wall @ 200 mph plus...the trauma to the human body is more than substantial...and us old guys don't quite bounce back the way we did in our 20's...(ask me how I know)..:unsure:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States