Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 Durango Hellcat for those with Enemies !!

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
What is that in the back?
It’s an armored insert for occupant protection. They vary tremendously depending on what they’re rated to defeat and the material used. Having spent more than my fair share of time in such vehicles my preference would be for a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel SUV, and if it doesn’t have run flats, why bother…

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It’s an armored insert for occupant protection. They vary tremendously depending on what they’re rated to defeat and the material used. Having spent more than my fair share of time in such vehicles my preference would be for a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel SUV, and if it doesn’t have run flats, why bother…

That's closer to a coffin than an armored vehicle.

OP
MikeD1

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #5
What is that in the back?
"Safe box" - notice it extends into the 2nd row.

Lots of questionable stuff on this particular car, but some ass clown Miami drug dealer will probably buy it.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Sew eye sea. Nice, und less youz bee inside. Wen I just turned 19, I wuz placed in ah chain gang camp in Tenn. Snot a nice place. We were transported 2 wurken places, in shackels fur da nice dudes. We bee in wat dae called, white peoples, bean waguns. 40 feet long, rein forced but it waz shaped like a pinto bean. No a/c, no heat sew in order 2 stay warm in da winta, at 16 dugrees out. We burned news papas fer heat. It wurked fur us butt da blacks in a nutter truck. It was a sheet metal box on a flat bed. Day did da same thang 2 stay warm. Smoke bellowed out and 17 teen of em burnt upster. 6 munts latah da Haltmon Co of Chattanooga, Tn declared da place uninhabitable. Closed da city jail and Silverdale down. Happy B- Day Hickster. Linder, dare is ah story bee hind dis.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
H
Sew eye sea. Nice, und less youz bee inside. Wen I just turned 19, I wuz placed in ah chain gang camp in Tenn. Snot a nice place. We were transported 2 wurken places, in shackels fur da nice dudes. We bee in wat dae called, white peoples, bean waguns. 40 feet long, rein forced but it waz shaped like a pinto bean. No a/c, no heat sew in order 2 stay warm in da winta, at 16 dugrees out. We burned news papas fer heat. It wurked fur us butt da blacks in a nutter truck. It was a sheet metal box on a flat bed. Day did da same thang 2 stay warm. Smoke bellowed out and 17 teen of em burnt upster. 6 munts latah da Haltmon Co of Chattanooga, Tn declared da place uninhabitable. Closed da city jail and Silverdale down. Happy B- Day Hickster. Linder, dare is ah story bee hind dis.
Happy Birthday!

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
…it has the windows too, not sure about the windshield which would be insanely expensive…anywhere from $15-30K depending on its rating and the fishbowl effect you get from it can definitely distort enough to make you sea sick for lack of a better term…

I’d wanna know what up-fit company did it. There’s plenty of legit and reputable ones out there…along with ham and egg outfits that I wouldn’t bet my life on, which is the exact reason you get a vehicle like this.

The additional weight is MURDER on a unibody of course, and if the door hinges aren’t upgraded they’ll start sagging in no time.

Obviously it has a ton of power/torque and braking/swept area but the additional weight also effects the shocks/springs/suspension setup and body roll is an understatement when have to get off the X quickly.

Down south we called the white Suburbans RPG magnets after that scene in Clear and Present Danger…🤣

RichNolen

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hobart
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat
would have been a great thing to have when my kids were young for those long road trips...