Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Anyone been to one of these NMCA events and they enforce this NHRA license requirement? I'm betting (hoping) this car runs lower than 10.00 lol.

"A Valid NHRA competition license is mandatory for cars running 9.99 or quicker, at an NHRA Member Track. NHRA/IHRA competition license mandatory at an IHRA Member Track."

https://www.nmcadigital.com/dodge-mopar-hemi-shootout-signup/c833
They have at events I went too plus it’s on your tech card or else they limit you to 10.0

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
UPDATE: Called dealer, explained what I found on the rattling stereo. They wanted me to bring the car in for eval, but I sent pics instead. Part was ordered and arrived today. I was asked to bring the car in and they wouldn't let me just bring the broken part and swap them. Fine, but I want my buddy master tech to do the work, no problemo.

I arrive and go to service (first time ever LOL). Conversation went like this:

Rachel the advisor: I need your keys Mr. Speedy.
Me: No. No one can start the car.
Rachel puzzled: OK, please take me to where you parked.
Me: took her behind the service dept where I always park to pick up parts
Rachel: Please start your vehicle.
Me: You need me to start the car to replace the subwoofer?
Rachel perturbed: I have to connect our link system to create the ticket.
Me: Oooook
Rachel: I need your key please.
Me: No
Rachel: I need to put this tag on the key
Me: I'll just put it in my pocket

Rachel proceeds to connect up, and I tell her not to be so serious and relax. She replied "that's just my personality" and I said "well they can't take your birthday away".

About that time my tech buddy pulls up and says "man you ready to swap out that sub?"
Me: Hey can you tell Rachel to stop giving me a hard time about this car? She's mad I won't let her sit in it, touch it, or even look in it's general direction and laughed.
Rachel: Mr. Speedy no one asked to sit in your vehicle.
Me: :oops:

Ended up just working with my buddy, pulled the car in to his bay, took 2 minutes to swap the sub, then we chatted for a few. Took the rear view mirror tag back to Rachel and told her thanks and left.

I'm used to going in and cutting up with everyone and Rachel was SUPER serious lol.

Anyway, this fixed the rattle in the stereo. I originally thought it was due to the lack of sound deadening but turns out it was just the busted sub.
This is when you show them the photo of the recovered shell of the old Go Mango and say that this is what happened the last time you gave a service advisor your keys. :(

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Anyone been to one of these NMCA events and they enforce this NHRA license requirement? I'm betting (hoping) this car runs lower than 10.00 lol.

"A Valid NHRA competition license is mandatory for cars running 9.99 or quicker, at an NHRA Member Track. NHRA/IHRA competition license mandatory at an IHRA Member Track."

Jon and I got ours at the NMCA event. We made 2 passes in the 9s on Friday which is what you need to do. When you go to the registration trailer tell them you want to get your NHRA 9.00 street car license and they should tell you who you need to talk to. Once you get it you just need to renew it (pay) every year or 2. We just did it for 1 year then paid to renew it for another

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Do you have your lisc? For NHRA mine just expired March 24 I plan on going too Bowling Green if my Biopsy turns out ok on Friday.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #905
@vortecd I was thinking of getting mine lower than 9.0 just in case?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You need a legal car for that.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #907

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Street only goes to 9.00. Like David said you would need a cage and a lot of shit to get an 8.50 license. Most tracks on a tnt probably wont say anything to you if you do run in the 8s. At an event like NMCA they will expect you to have it. I don't see you going into the 8s at Bowling Green in June

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
You need a Sportsman Level 6 ET License (not a SL). Good for 7.50 and up. Your current car should work since it can exceed 9.99 , although they may make you do your license runs at a SL event where it is legal. Not likely.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
You have an SFI jacket?

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I just did the NHRA street legal license last year. I just had to make two full passes at a sanctioned track of 9.99 or quicker and according to the application they can be side by side passes they do not have to be solo like a normal license (can even be different dates) although this will be track discretion. You will need at least a snell 2015 helmet, a neck collar/ donut and 3.2 A5 jacket and pants. I also believe gloves are a thing this year too.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #912
I have one of the Summit jackets, good on the helmet. I'll have to get the neck thing and gloves. I'm hoping I can do the license passes at the event. I'll have to email to ask.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have one of the Summit jackets, good on the helmet. I'll have to get the neck thing and gloves. I'm hoping I can do the license passes at the event. I'll have to email to ask.
Jacket and helmet all you need

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Yeah you can only compete at MSHS events and stuff like that if you want to go faster than 9.0 @ 150 in your car. No license or anything needed for these cars up to 9.0/150. I don’t see them changing that rule again any time soon

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yeah you can only compete at MSHS events and stuff like that if you want to go faster than 9.0 @ 150 in your car. No license or anything needed for these cars up to 9.0/150. I don’t see them changing that rule again any time soon
That is for cage/chute only.

Once you cross 9.99 the SL license is required regardless of the association if the track is a NHRA/WDRA member track. They risk themselves and their insursnce if not. Lower than 9.00 or more than 150 you need the cage, chassis cert and chute plus a host of other stuff. It gets super steep real quick to go that fast.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Member ID
Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
UPDATE: Called dealer, explained what I found on the rattling stereo. They wanted me to bring the car in for eval, but I sent pics instead. Part was ordered and arrived today. I was asked to bring the car in and they wouldn't let me just bring the broken part and swap them. Fine, but I want my buddy master tech to do the work, no problemo.

I arrive and go to service (first time ever LOL). Conversation went like this:

Rachel the advisor: I need your keys Mr. Speedy.
Me: No. No one can start the car.
Rachel puzzled: OK, please take me to where you parked.
Me: took her behind the service dept where I always park to pick up parts
Rachel: Please start your vehicle.
Me: You need me to start the car to replace the subwoofer?
Rachel perturbed: I have to connect our link system to create the ticket.
Me: Oooook
Rachel: I need your key please.
Me: No
Rachel: I need to put this tag on the key
Me: I'll just put it in my pocket

Rachel proceeds to connect up, and I tell her not to be so serious and relax. She replied "that's just my personality" and I said "well they can't take your birthday away".

About that time my tech buddy pulls up and says "man you ready to swap out that sub?"
Me: Hey can you tell Rachel to stop giving me a hard time about this car? She's mad I won't let her sit in it, touch it, or even look in it's general direction and laughed.
Rachel: Mr. Speedy no one asked to sit in your vehicle.
Me: :oops:

Ended up just working with my buddy, pulled the car in to his bay, took 2 minutes to swap the sub, then we chatted for a few. Took the rear view mirror tag back to Rachel and told her thanks and left.

I'm used to going in and cutting up with everyone and Rachel was SUPER serious lol.

Anyway, this fixed the rattle in the stereo. I originally thought it was due to the lack of sound deadening but turns out it was just the busted sub.
Perhaps in Rachael's defense, it reads like she's a very procedure-driven person and takes her job seriously.

I respect that.

I'd prefer she process my work requests than the team at my local CDJR dealership.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #918
Agreed, she did a great job just could use a little humor in her life lol.

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye

I participated in a MNCA event last year and while going through tech I was asked what the vehicle ran. I replied that I was in the 10.0 class and I was told that if I didn't have a 9 second NHRA license and I dipped into the 9s twice I would be asked to leave the event.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Racer X says dodge is now requiring an oil change after every single racing event. Is that true? His 170 has a blown engine. He states dodge is trying to get to the bottom of the problem and if it is an isolated failure or something that needs a fix on all 170s. Nice car though!