Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Fuses not fully seated in fuse box?

RetiredFirefighter

Firefighter
Member ID
Reactions
City
Metro
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Durango 392
I did a quick pull of the Blue 15 amp F60 fuse (followed by a "Key On") to reset the TCM (Transmission Control Module).

I wanted a fresh start on the TCM's learning curve of my recently purchased '22 DSRT 392, and read that was one way to do it.

When reinserting the fuse and pushing it down to seat properly, I noticed it sat slightly lower than other similar fuses.

So I checked the rest of the fuses, and low and behold, half of the fuses in the box were not fully seated.

Obviously, all of the fuses were making solid contact as the vehicle was running fine.

But is their not being seated all the way normal?

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
My Hellcats have all been fine (2015, 16, and 19 model years).

However, this is a common issue identified over on the Jeep Wrangler forums. About 1/2 the fuses on my 2022 Wrangler needed to be seated properly after I did my post delivery inspection (fuses, electrical connections, fluids, tire pressure, etc.). All were making contact and I wasn't having any issues but some were obviously pretty loosely in place, others just needed a nudge.
Over time, I'd guess some of them would have created an issue.

Don't know if this is a more recent production thing at Stellantis or if I've just been lucky. My past Ram 1500's, Jeep Grand Cherokee's, and other Wranglers that were pre 2019 did not have the fuse thing.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well shyt, now I have another thing to go check, although after years of driving all of them, I'm sure they're fine.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Well shyt, now I have another thing to go check, although after years of driving all of them, I'm sure they're fine.
More you drive they will keep getting looser then start falling out. I wouldn't worry about it, no way they would do that. Just forget what I said:)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Guess I’ll check mine Friday when I get home.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That's apparently quite common on TRXs.

Checked them on ours and they were fine, and wouldn't have thought of doing it if it wasn't for reading about complaints.

OP
RetiredFirefighter

RetiredFirefighter

Firefighter
Member ID
Reactions
City
Metro
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Durango 392
Thread Starter #7
Thanks guys for all of the replies.

I was checking one fuse after another, and many were 1-2mm from being fully seated. Honestly, I never saw anything like that before.