Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Safe for Supercharging the 392?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I dunno, seems more likely the 10 rib belt broke and the 6 rib was used to drive it home. can't see a 6 rib holding well enough for the boost needed to trap 150
The car is one of the SpankingTime Motorsports cars and was built and tuned entirely in house. It is not a stock motor. It makes a little over 1000whp on e85 at 16 lbs on the 6 rib serpentine belt. When the change over to the 8 rib pulleys is done for next year, this car will run in the 8’s. There are no plans to put a hellcat 10 rib system on it.

MXS67454

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge
The car is one of the SpankingTime Motorsports cars and was built and tuned entirely in house. It is not a stock motor. It makes a little over 1000whp on e85 at 16 lbs on the 6 rib serpentine belt. When the change over to the 8 rib pulleys is done for next year, this car will run in the 8’s. There are no plans to put a hellcat 10 rib system on it.
The 150 trap kinda gave away the engine wasn't stock.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
$54K? My 18 had a msrp of $74K.
2020:
Base: $58,995
Dest: $1495
T: $60,490
PD: -$7170
Net: $53,320

I missed out on ordering a M6 but I found one (2020) on a lot 150mi away. My lovely wife insisted we go take a look. $69.995 sticker, minus PD, no fees. I was/am happy, and very happy I have the Plus, leather, driver's convenience. Now I know the stripped would have sucked. :)

OP
RichNolen

RichNolen

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hobart
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat
Thread Starter #45
One of the things I have to decide is weather or not to go with a Race "OPEN" Bypass Valve or the standard surge system.
I don't want the car to be obnoxiously loud all the time, but I want a presence for sure.

OP
RichNolen

RichNolen

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hobart
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat
Thread Starter #46
Its getting picked up Tmro guys. Going with all Black Powder Coat finish on the inter cooler with standard surge valve. Here is a shot from the 2018 kit. From what I understand, it will look similar to this. If this is true I will really want to re-locate that ugly AC line from above the intake tube.

Attachments

MXS67454

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge
IMG_0732.jpeg
looks pretty much like mine . I wish I’d thought to powder coat the intercooler . I have the larger race version and the grill doesn’t hide it at all .

Last edited:
OP
RichNolen

RichNolen

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hobart
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat
Thread Starter #48
View attachment 109616
looks pretty much like mine . I wish I’d thought to powder coat the intercooler . I have the larger race version and the grill doesn’t hide it at all .
IC on your system the AC line is below the intake, maybe its different because mines a Durango. I hope there is a way to move that after the install.

OP
RichNolen

RichNolen

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hobart
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat
Thread Starter #49
So a friend of mine suggested that I go with a 426 Stroker Kit for my 392 instead of the ProCharger right away.

What would be the advantages of this? I have heard it bulletproofs your engine because everything is forged, more or less.

Does the 426 Hemi with the stock 392 intake / fuel system / exhaust make noticeable HP / Torque gains?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The 392 won't hold much boost from what I've been told.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
So a friend of mine suggested that I go with a 426 Stroker Kit for my 392 instead of the ProCharger right away.

What would be the advantages of this? I have heard it bulletproofs your engine because everything is forged, more or less.

Does the 426 Hemi with the stock 392 intake / fuel system / exhaust make noticeable HP / Torque gains?
So again this is why you just trade up to the factory Hellcat. Cheapest in the long run and performs so well stock.

OP
RichNolen

RichNolen

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hobart
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat
Thread Starter #52
Looking for something different I suppose. Also the markups are crazy on the Hell Cats and I really like the specs on this one too.

That and I have this one now and its tough to eat the negative equity and trade up another 15K.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
And you know it's history, never know what you are getting with a used HC, unless you personally know the owner, and even then... If I were you, I'd be asking the same questions. Please let us know how this turns out, even if is a year down the road.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk

A little late to change your mind isn’t it?

OP
RichNolen

RichNolen

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hobart
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat
Thread Starter #55
Hey all. So for an update my 392 is gone. They replaced the Valve Body on it, but the problems persisted. After a couple thousand more miles ProCharger would no longer wait, so I lost that as an option.
After that as the transmission continued to get worse, I was no longer having fun driving as before.

I just traded it off on a Ram Truck as a temporary measure last month.

But there is a bit of good news, I am picking up my 2021 Hellcat Durango Next week. It has 20293 Miles on it.
I am actually making another post on this because I want to know if there is anything I should look for.

thanks for all the Advice !!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Hey all. So for an update my 392 is gone. They replaced the Valve Body on it, but the problems persisted. After a couple thousand more miles ProCharger would no longer wait, so I lost that as an option.
After that as the transmission continued to get worse, I was no longer having fun driving as before.

I just traded it off on a Ram Truck as a temporary measure last month.

But there is a bit of good news, I am picking up my 2021 Hellcat Durango Next week. It has 20293 Miles on it.
I am actually making another post on this because I want to know if there is anything I should look for.

thanks for all the Advice !!
Now that is what I call a comeback! Nice!!!!!