Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I work with some really educated/"smart" people that believe in magnetic magic...
Hocus Pocus....."intellectual stuff" eh..:unsure::unsure::rolleyes:

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #1,242
This is how they should have shipped in my opinion...

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
This is how they should have shipped in my opinion...

Looks awesome

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
yep, looks great Speedy! Let me know if you will be moving your OEM Hellcat Brass Monkeys...interested.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #1,245
Thanks everyone I'm thrilled with how they turned out. Took a bit more research to make sure the proportions stayed right due to the rear of the car. Not only is it widebody but the ride height is a lot different than every other Hellcat model from what I measured. That makes the tire diameter matter quite a bit or it ends up looking terrible. OEM TPMS only on these and maybe any 2022 and up model. The guy used some top quality aftermarket TPMS in the package and the car wouldn't read them period. I drove for like 80 miles and they never picked up. OEM picked up in less than 5 miles. 2022 and up TPMS are like $26/ea so look to be quite a bit cheaper than previous years from what I found.

Here's some pics. I think it really should have shipped like this and had the drag radials as an option. Woulda made it easier on owners that want to drive them, and still have the mystique of being the quickest production car (with optional drag radial tires as the foot note).

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thanks everyone I'm thrilled with how they turned out. Took a bit more research to make sure the proportions stayed right due to the rear of the car. Not only is it widebody but the ride height is a lot different than every other Hellcat model from what I measured. That makes the tire diameter matter quite a bit or it ends up looking terrible. OEM TPMS only on these and maybe any 2022 and up model. The guy used some top quality aftermarket TPMS in the package and the car wouldn't read them period. I drove for like 80 miles and they never picked up. OEM picked up in less than 5 miles. 2022 and up TPMS are like $26/ea so look to be quite a bit cheaper than previous years from what I found.

Here's some pics. I think it really should have shipped like this and had the drag radials as an option. Woulda made it easier on owners that want to drive them, and still have the mystique of being the quickest production car (with optional drag radial tires as the foot note).

Are the TPMS the same as the early hellcat or rubber stems? I have always bought the factory ones and never had an issue

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #1,247
@vortecd they're a new part number starting in 2022. They're metal stems but always have been. The 2022+ aren't backward compatible from my experience.

RGPIII

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
They look great buddy!!

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

Those do look amazing! Great job!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Wow, looks super awesome!

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
@vortecd they're a new part number starting in 2022. They're metal stems but always have been. The 2022+ aren't backward compatible from my experience.[/QUOTE
I just got caught on this one too. Had 11" rears on my 2018 T/A, then 2019 1320 then 18 HC worked great. Put them on my 23 HC and No workie. They were OEM TPMS but for 22+ they must use a diff frequency. Why the hell they would change them with 2 years left is a mystery.. The wheel place probably shipped 15-21 compatible TPMS with your wheels vs the 22+ I dont think its an aftermarket vs OEM thing. Just a diff part

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
They changed something in the internal transmitter for 2022/23. When they issued the recall for the failed batteries in the 2022s they listed the specific part number for the recall replacement. And as insane as it seems: for some reason the replacement units only sell for $5 each!!!. Yeah, that's right. My 22 Redeye was part of the recall and there was no way in hell I was going let my local dealer touch the car after they told me I'd have to "leave it for 2 weeks till they could get to it" :ROFLMAO: And after seeing their antique tire machine in the back there was no way I'd leave the rims, either. So as per the recall instructions I was able to buy the sensors, and then I pulled the wheels and brought them to a reputable rim repair place that had the latest touchless tire machine. They charged my $150 total to replace the sensors and rebalance the tires. I then sent the invoices to Dodge and was reimbursed in a matter of days. I did have to bring the car to a trustworthy dealer in PA a few weeks later so they could update the service records for the recall in the computer system to show the recall was done. Here's the parts info and some links:

The updated/improved TPMS for 2022s listed in the recall is CSFNZ681AA

CSFNZ681AA - Genuine Mopar SENSOR-AIR PRESSURE $4.79
Sensor CSFNZ681AA | Mopar Parts Ordering $4.98
Sensor CSFNZ681AA | My Mopar Parts $6.26

BTW, those replica Devils rims look awesome! And the Michellin PSP4S were a good choice. I have the same tires on my Redeye and the handling and traction was improved amazingly (and now much more predictable in how it handles under full throttle).

Attachments

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
What
They changed something in the internal transmitter for 2022. When they issued the recall for the failed batteries in the 2022s they listed the specific part number for the recall replacement. And as insane as it seems: for some reason the replacement units only sell for $5 each!!!. Yeah, that's right. My 22 Redeye was part of the recall and there was no way in hell I was going let my local dealer touch the car after they told me I'd have to "leave it for 2 weeks till they could get to it" :ROFLMAO: And after seeing their antique tire machine in the back there was no way I'd leave the rims, either. So as per the recall instructions I was able to buy the sensors, and then I pulled the wheels and brought them to a reputable rim repair place that had the latest touchless tire machine. They charged my $150 total to replace the sensors and rebalance the tires. I then sent the invoices to Dodge and was reimbursed in a matter of days. I did have to bring the car to a trustworthy dealer in PA a few weeks later so they could update the service records for the recall in the computer system to show the recall was done. Here's the parts info and some links:

BTW, those replica Devils rims look awesome! And the Michellin PSP4S were a good choice. I have the same tires on my Redeye and the handling and traction was improved amazingly (and now much more predictable in how it handles under full throttle).
?? Lucky

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #1,254
Odd thing happened....

Drove the car Saturday no problems. Parked in the garage and on Monday when I opened the door the window didn't drop like normal and the dash lights and head/tail lights started flashing on and off. I was like WTH.

Got a meter out and measured the battery and it was at 5V! Dead as a door nail.

This car is super tight compared to my 2016. You have to really slam the doors or they won't close all the way so it's possible somehow I didn't get the door closed and something drained the battery but I'd think these have a safety on them to shut things down at a certain point.

Anyway, put a charger on it and 14 hours later it was charged up. Fired the car up and put the meter back on the battery to make sure the alternator was working and read 14.19V so it's good.

Strange.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Data logger unplugged?
Odd thing happened....

Drove the car Saturday no problems. Parked in the garage and on Monday when I opened the door the window didn't drop like normal and the dash lights and head/tail lights started flashing on and off. I was like WTH.

This car is super tight compared to my 2016. You have to really slam the doors or they won't close all the way so it's possible somehow I didn't get the door closed and something drained the battery but I'd think these have a safety on them to shut things down at a certain point.

Anyway, put a charger on it and 14 hours later it was charged up. Fired the car up and put the meter back on the battery to make sure the alternator was working and read 14.19V so it's good.

Strange.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
Odd thing happened....

Strange.
Keep an ear out for noises after you park. I have heard of things like the intercooler pump failing to shut off (internal short) and running until it drains the battery fully. And the obvious stuff like accidentally hitting the dome light button when getting your sunglasses out of the overhead pocket. I'm always doing that with my giant lobster hands.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
They changed something in the internal transmitter for 2022/23. When they issued the recall for the failed batteries in the 2022s they listed the specific part number for the recall replacement. And as insane as it seems: for some reason the replacement units only sell for $5 each!!!. Yeah, that's right. My 22 Redeye was part of the recall and there was no way in hell I was going let my local dealer touch the car after they told me I'd have to "leave it for 2 weeks till they could get to it" :ROFLMAO: And after seeing their antique tire machine in the back there was no way I'd leave the rims, either. So as per the recall instructions I was able to buy the sensors, and then I pulled the wheels and brought them to a reputable rim repair place that had the latest touchless tire machine. They charged my $150 total to replace the sensors and rebalance the tires. I then sent the invoices to Dodge and was reimbursed in a matter of days. I did have to bring the car to a trustworthy dealer in PA a few weeks later so they could update the service records for the recall in the computer system to show the recall was done. Here's the parts info and some links:

$5 really. I'm paying about $30 for the older ones:mad:

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Odd thing happened....

Strange.
My .02 here, batteries after events of being drained down that far do not usually last long after this, I bet it fails soon or gives you gremlin like strange issues. Maybe get it replaced under warranty some day while it still has 100% replacement coverage.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
$5 really. I'm paying about $30 for the older ones:mad:
Yes, I cannot seem to understand why they were so cheap. The parts warehouse guy I spoke to said that it may be because it is a recall part and has to be sold cheaply to dealers to install for the mandated recall but he had no problem in selling it to me for the same discounted price.